Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer is officially here!

Here in the U.S. this weekend we celebrated Memorial Day, a day to reflect and pay tribute to those who have served our country in the Armed Forces, and remember those who have lost their lives in the process. My family is full of veterans. Both my dad and my Father in law served in the Air Force during the Vietnam War (this is where they met, and due to that meeting they now share grandkids!), my husband's grand father was in the Coast Guard, my brother in law was a Marine, and many family friends have also served for our country. Thank you all for protecting our rights as Americans!


With this holiday comes the official start to summer! Backyard BBQ's, relaxing in the pool or at the beach. Things just seem to slow down a bit. (Or maybe they gear up, depending what you choose to occupy yourself with!) I'm looking forward to a wonderful summer with my crazy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment